runastrodriz is a module to control operation of astrodrizzle which removes distortion and combines HST images in the pipeline.
>>> runastrodriz.py [-fhibn] inputFilename [newpath]
>>> python >>> from wfc3tools import runastrodriz >>> runastrodriz.process(inputFilename,force=False,newpath=None,inmemory=False)
GUI Usage under Python¶
>>> python >>> from stsci.tools import teal >>> import wfc3tools >>> cfg = teal.teal('runastrodriz')
>>> epar runastrodriz
If the ‘-i’ option gets specified, no intermediate products will be written out to disk. These products, instead, will be kept in memory. This includes all single drizzle products (single_sci and single_wht), median image, blot images, and crmask images. The use of this option will therefore require significantly more memory than usual to process the data.
If a value has been provided for the newpath parameter, all processing will be performed in that directory/ramdisk. The steps involved are:
- create a temporary directory under that directory named after the input file
- copy all files related to the input to that new directory
- change to that new directory and run astrodrizzle
- change back to original directory
- move (not copy) ALL files from temp directory to original directory
- delete temp sub-directory
The ‘-b’ option will run this task in BASIC mode without creating headerlets for each input image.
The ‘-n’ option allows the user to specify the number of cores to be used in running AstroDrizzle.